DAH Youth Blog

Assalaamu alaikum
This Blog is to comment and reflect on the many programs, activities, events, and projects of DAH Youth. Visit mydahyouth.weebly.com for more information.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hypocrisy: Encouraging others to do what I don't do

In the Name of Allah
The questions were answered by Sh Shakir Elsayed (transcribed by Br Jose Acevedo)  The answer is in red:

Is it a sin to say or encourage others to do a certain good deed if you don't do it yourself? Sometimes I find inspiring quotes or sayings on social networking sites and I like to share them but a lot of the times I don't do them myself...would I be a hypocrite if I encouraged others to do it but I don't do it? Are there signs to know if I am a hypocrite? And if I feel as though I might be of them how do I help myself attain sincerity? How do prevent myself from hypocrisy?   The best thing is to start with yourself first before sharing the advice (in order to avoid hypocrisy).  Unless, the advice you are giving is presented as giving it to yourself first and sharing that advice with others.

No comments: